Friday, May 1, 2015

Secrets Of The Viking Sword




Well, Happy May Day!  This particular documentary gets me where I live!!  I have a thing about about swords and primitive bows--I am a Sagittarius--this is a subject that I can not watch without getting pulled in completely.  It's also an interesting subject from the historical point of view as well, since Vikings have been romanticized, even cliched in popular culture, while being rather dismissed in real historical accounts as rather primitive.  So this documentary really covers it all.  The last time I viewed this, I was up half the night trolling for swords and bows on the web.  "It's what I gotta do!!"  











The Following Are From My Collection

Say hello to my little big friend!  It's an older carbon steel blade...unblunted.

This is from a recent carbon steel short katana that I own, you can see the natural steel pattern grain pretty clearly here.  Such is the nature of steel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment