Saturday, April 18, 2015

Phantasm (1979)




I've had a real blast blogging my viewing in 1970's culture since Thursday--Wado (Thanks) for putting up with me!!  This is such a favorite of mine that my ring tone is the theme music--so iconic!  Even have the poster framed up on my wall in Georgia (think I might have to get one for this little place in FLA as well).  By the way, in speaking of films actually from the 1970's, if the house in this looks eerily familiar, perhaps you've since a gem from 1976 directed by Dan Curtis (who also directed the made for TV movie The Night Strangler--viewed and blogged last night):  Burnt Offerings.  What really amazes me about this film is that director and writer Don Coscarelli really makes you think twice about this house.  According to IMDb the estate has been used 4 times in films starting with Burnt, but the way Coscarelli films it, it just doesn't seem quite the same place--and this is only 3 years after Burnt came out.




Who the hell are you??














No comments:

Post a Comment