Saturday, September 1, 2012

I Spit On Your Grave (1978) On Blu Ray


I just got through watching I Spit On You Grave, which was strangely the only Blu Ray that wouldn't load on the old Blu Ray player; it's not like it is a terribly complicated package.  I began to think after buying two copies of this that the Blu Ray was simply defective in some regard.  I felt so relieved when it actually loaded tonight...but half way through the film...my household fire alarm went off--thought the whole thing had been dealt with by entering in the household code and no person contacted us....but no!  I mean, I literally had to pause the film when Andy is getting hung by Jennifer to deal with a fire man out on my porch, a fire truck that I didn't even notice!  How the hell I am going to explain to some Georgia fireman why someone sounds like they are being strangled in my house just after they rolled out thinking they are facing a huge house fire??  [Cue:  cowering!!] 



OK, adrenaline subsiding...this means I don't get my foodie thing up tonight...some thoughts on the Blu Ray itself.  There is nothing particularly sophisticated about this Blu Ray, which is put out by Anchor Bay; so I always kind of suspected that some releases were released with deliberate programming that would not allow older Blu Ray players to load them--which, pardon me for saying it this way, strikes me as craven.  When this disc loaded on the new player this evening, it was obvious that something was going on along those lines.   But I also admit that I am only a slight technophile.  So, if you have an older Blu Ray player that will not load this title, I'd love to hear about it!!  From The Non-Burning House:  Have A Good One!

No comments:

Post a Comment