Friday, June 29, 2012

--And Now The Screaming Starts...(1973)


A period horror number from the Amicus Productions, it is gothic take on the whole movie into a mansion for marital bliss....find vicious violent ghost instead.  I know this is a rip off of much more artistic numbers, like Rebecca; but I confess a weakness for this kind of stuff!  I love the garish color film, paired with the equally garish and completely wrong for the period costumes.  Any sort of ghost film is going to get my attention anyway, but this early 70's Technicolor films with the over-acting and the a-historic manner that the Brits see their "history" is just too good!  In any case, I love any horror effort that includes Peter Cushing...not matter how bad the rest of the film is.



















No comments:

Post a Comment