Friday, January 13, 2012

Zombie's House Of A Thousand 1000 Corpses (2003)



I really am a huge fan of Rob Zombie's debut directorial film.  Yeah it contains a lot of revisiting, re-working, re-hashing of a mish mash of classic horror films from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre to Funhouse (yeah I know, both Tobe Hooper films) to The Hills Have Eyes, but this always came off as a really cool homage with a great soundtrack.  It strikes me a work of love.  Love of the sources that it draws from.  I did write a review of his Halloween II that was pretty critical, after just watching the film once, it's the sort of comment on a movie that I couldn't have made if I hadn't been a fan of his for years....like from the White Zombie days.  So I love this film!  So glad it's around when times get rough.












No comments:

Post a Comment