Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Devil's Rejects (2005)


"Poopy what do you need a gun for?"  If the first installment of Zombie's twofer House Of 1000 Corpses was a homage to classic horror ground breakers from the 1970's, then this second part is grindhouse crime follow up.  Guns a-plenty from beginning to end.  The one performance that I really "enjoy" is that of Sid Haig; it's a performance that recalls his roles as the heavy in 1970's blaxsploitation, without outright "quoting" the role (it might as well be seen as "a role," since the names changed but the lines really didn't--my understanding is that was an irritation to Mr. Haig).  In any case, I'm the only member of my family who likes this film--and I confess I like it a lot  That probably makes me a some sort of hypocrite, since I have trouble with Zombie's Halloween franchise--even I can only take so much derivation.  "Well, I guess I wouldn't do no harm in tellin' ya, we're gonna go dig up some guns I buried out here a year ago."










No comments:

Post a Comment