Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday Lead In 2


Although this was released in 2006, we have some Gilliam catching up to do around here--so this is one of two Gilliam directed efforts that I haven't seen.  I know enough about the film to know that it makes people very uncomfortable--and it got  a lot viciously written reviews--a fair number of which accused the film of being bad because the reviewer thought it was just boring.  Boring films are about the last thing I expect from Gilliam and I've been watching his films all my life.  So far it's anything from boring, and I also appreciated the little introduction he had at the start of the film, warning people that they might not like it at all....well, because he doesn't gloss over the drug use or the verbal abuse.  The way I see it, not all the man's movies can be like a carnival ride.  We'll see.....



















No comments:

Post a Comment