Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blog Anniversary Celebration...

Continues on.  It was exactly a year ago to the day that I first blogged about a special Friday theme:  Killer Plants (a personal favorite of mine).  Due to some stuff that was going on yesterday, the blog didn't get filled out they way that I wanted, so I'm going to include some features here on my favorite REAL killer plants in between some movies that have be fun to either write about or create photo galleries from over the past year (and 3 of them include Jessie Eisenberg!).  Starting off with


I actually saw this in theater on the Friday that it was released (it was a Super Hero day) and liked it better than most professional reviewers did.  While I can understand followers of the comic book being upset at the changes in the way the nuclear ending was changed, for people who didn't read the graphic novel, I really don't understand what there is complain about.  Sure, it's a long movie and it has moments of lull (all long movies do), but it is also very well photographed and has some seriously good lighting in some scene.  Aren't these elements that critics take into account?  Anyway, it is a dark dystopia, that, if you let it, can take the sting out of (a bit) the rather bleak place that the world has landed itself in.




No comments:

Post a Comment